- The winning student must submit the relevant information required to The Young Citizens Foundation.
- The winners will be announced on our website.
- The winners’ schools will then be notified so that that scholarship winner can be announced at their commencement, graduation or awards ceremonies if applicable.
- The winner will be required to write the Foundation a letter of appreciation. These letters will be used in our subsequent marketing.
- The scholarship winners will be mailed:
- a congratulatory letter,
- a Certificate of Award – The student will give this certificate to the registrar of an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution of their choice to register for their program. Scholarship funds can be applied only to registration fees. The Registrar or Designate must complete and return the bottom half of the enclosed Certificate of Award to The Young Citizens Foundation at the address indicated for payment. It is the student’s obligation to give this certificate to the Registrar or Designate for completion. The institution will then invoice The Young Citizens Foundation , and the Foundation will pay them directly. This ensures that the money will be used to further the student’s education.
- a scholarship certificate that they can frame.
Note: Scholarship winners will have until August 31st. of the year following his graduation year to exercise the scholarship.